Sunday, May 23, 2010

And Then There Were Three…

As we all know, I am not at all musically inclined…  I’ve always said that I couldn’t carry a tune if it had a handle.  The only two places I felt safe singing was in the shower or in the car with the windows rolled up and the radio blasting.  Until I got my mp3 player    Now I have one more place I can sing safely – while cutting my lawn sing1

So I gathered my mp3 player and headed out to get my lawnmower today and as I looked up to see how Mrs. Robin’s nest was doing, what did I see?  Three!

Three Baby Robins!

Fortunately Mama Robin must have been out foraging, so I didn’t upset her when I ran inside to get my camera and came back to take a few pictures.

I thought it was kind of interesting that the starting up of my lawn mower didn’t faze the babies at all – they just stayed there looking to be fed  laughing

I haven’t seen anything in the other nest – but I’m suspecting it’s a sparrow’s nest.  It’s really jammed up in a corner, so I don’t know if I will ever see if anyone is in there.  I have seen a sparrow flying back and forth tho’…  I’ll have to see if I can spy on that nest a little bit better  detective

 

No comments: