Monday, March 22, 2010

Not Happy

Today was not a happy day.

I was not happy about the health care bill passing.

I was not happy to see that I must have spilled bleach on my favorite pair of jeans.

I was not happy to see that I must have spilled it on one of my favorite sweat jackets, too.

I was not happy about the weather.

I am not happy about the fact that my antivirus software seems to think that my blog is some kind of threat to the world…  I can’t find anything about what ‘type 760’ means.  After I got my page opened, I check all my links for all the postings that come up on  the main page and they are all fine.  The only ones that give me a problem are the ones that link back to older entries.  Feh.  I’ll try and figure it out tomorrow.

 

So-called Threat

I’m going to talk about something that is not not happy.

Did you know that there is a world-wide seed repository?

There is and it’s located in Norway, 810 miles from the North Pole – it’s called the Svalbard Global Seed Vault.  It’s supposed to provide insurance against the loss of plant genetics in the case of any kind of catastrophe. 

 

Doomsday Seed Vault

I guess there is some controversy behind the facility and it’s real purpose, but I think it’s a great idea – but I was very surprised to learn that it existed.  It’s really interesting to read about the construction of the facility and the precautions taken to protect the valuable contents.

No comments: