Thursday, March 4, 2010

This ‘n That Thursday

  • Today is Parade Day.  (March forth (fourth) – get it?  laughing )

 

  • I had the chance to attend an event at the Adam’s Mark Hotel in downtown Buffalo.  I haven’t been there before and it was really nice.

 

  • What’s up with the move to get governor Patterson out?  I’m not a fan, but sheesh – he’s not being accused of anything that every other politician isn’t guilty of.  Let the guy stay in office until December…  nothing more or less will get done if he’s there or someone else.

 

  • Chickens prefer to walk in squishy mud than on crisp, clean snow.

 

 

  • Got my taxes done.

 

  • Spring must be getting close – I’m smelling a lot of skunk while driving around the past few days and I’ve been seeing a lot more lady bugs around the house…

 

  • This was on Jennifer’s site and I feel soooo bad for Misery Bear  hmm

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Misery Bear, while very miserable, was sooooo cuuuutttteee.
Just wanna grab him and squeeze him.

Do the chickens like the mud because it's less cold/granular?

And SPRING CAN'T COME FAST ENOUGH.

Also, Is that a llama or alpaca in your profile photo?

Jill said...

Hi Stephanie :)

I can only guess and think that the mud is warmer on the chickens' feet - I tried to show them that they can go exploring across the vast expanses of snow to new and uncharted territories, but they wouldn't have any of it. After five or six steps, they would turn around and head back into the mud. I can't wait until muddy spring is over with!

That's a llama with me in my profile picture - I went on a couple of llama treks in the Rockies which got me hooked on llamas. I want to get some of my own and I'm hoping that this will be the year... I can't wait to go on llama hikes with my own llamas :)