Saturday, March 6, 2010

Peeved

I like to watch Bravo TV, but I’d like to know what’s up with the foreign hosts they’ve been using for the shows lately?

When Project Runway was on Bravo, they had Heidi Klum (she still hosts the show on Lifetime).  I like her as a host – she has a heavy German accent, but she is still perfectly understandable… and she’s pretty.

Then they have Tabatha’s Salon Takeover hosted by – well, Tabatha.  From Australia, she too has a big accent but is still very intelligible.

But then they bring along Chef Academy with Jean Christophe Novelli, who had a thick French accent… while I liked the show, I had a hard time understanding anything the guy was saying – thank goodness for the subtitles.  And the people on Shear Genius – I have no idea where they are from, but they speak English like they have marbles in their mouths.  They couldn’t find someone that speaks clear English for the host?  Fortunately none of these, except maybe Project Runway, is “must see TV” for me, but I sure hope this won’t be a continuing trend.

 

And while I’m complaining about TV – I hate Verizon’s ‘Big Red’ commercial…

 

It illustrates perfectly why I hate texting.  Everyone I know who texts, does exactly what you see in the commercial – ignoring the real people around them while they are busy tapping away at their phones texting to lord-only-knows-who.  Texting is one rudeness I have no tolerance for.  While I may not say anything directly to the person who’s texting while they should be paying attention to something/someone else, they drop way down on my Respect List.  My blood pressure goes up every time I see this commercial.

gah

No comments: