Sunday, March 14, 2010

Pi Day

Happy Pi Day to everyone!  Today is Pi Day

I was introduced to Pi Day a couple of years ago, and I think it’s a really fun idea.  I got to go to a Pi Day party, which was pretty much just a really fun night of friends, games and lots of pies (everyone was supposed to bring one).  I wouldn’t mind going to a Pi Day party again.  Maybe someday when I get my house fixed up, I could host one of my own 

 

It’s been a pretty busy week.  Not a lot of interesting things going on, but just a lot of running-around-need-to-take-care-of-stuff busy which didn’t leave a whole lot of time for fun things like blogging.  I am sooooo far behind on my reader – it’s going to take a while to get caught up again.  A little more extra running around to do next week, but then hopefully things will get back to the normal old boring routine…

 

The Ladies are soooo happy that the snow is gone and can they can now wander the yard at their leisure looking for tasty treats to eat.  They figured out that worms are very easily found in and around the biggest puddles in the yard.  I watched one of them chomp down a worm that was way bigger than any I would have expected to see this time of year…

 

As my friends and family all know, I am a big fan of OK Go.   I love their innovativeness and quirkiness.  I love their first two albums.  I discovered them years ago when I came across their Backyard Video of A Million Ways, which became viral (this was a video of the band practicing for a concert that was never meant to be seen by anyone but themselves, but somehow made it out on the internet – people all over copied the routine for talent shows and weddings and stuff like that).  Their famous Treadmill Video was supposed to be something that could top that, and top it, it did!

OK Go has a new CD out, but I’m not so sure if I really like their new stuff.  I haven’t been crazy about what I’ve heard so far, but we’ll see.  However - they have a couple new videos out with their new songs, and I have to say that the one for This Too Shall Pass is pretty impressive.  I don’t think I would have liked the song without the video, but the video is making me like the song – if that makes any sense.  I know it took months to put their contraption together, but it was worth it - it is AWESOME!  laughing

 

No comments: