Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Favorite Week

The week before Halloween is one of my favorite, if not my absolute favorite, weeks for TV. I can turn to just about any channel at just about any time and find a great movie playing. The Exorcist, The Omen, Poltergeist, Hellraiser, A Nightmare on Elm Street... the list just goes on and on - All the movies that are so much fun to watch in a darkened room with a big bowl of popcorn on your lap :) What other time of year are we served up with so much goosebumpy goodness on TV every night for a week or more straight? I think we should have Halloween more times a year.

Obviously I love a good scare, and I was looking forward to going to the Haunted Caves tour at the Lockport Caves this week. I called to try and get more information from them as to the particular times the tours ran and a couple of other questions I had, but was very disappointed to find that after making three phone calls at different times of the day, I could not reach a live person. All I was able to get was a recorded message. And from what I could tell, they wanted you to leave your credit card number on their answering machine to secure a reservation. There is no way I would do that, no matter how much I was looking forward to going. I wonder if I'm the only one who thinks that their public relations department needs a little work?

No comments: