Sunday, October 14, 2007

Patterns

Someday I want to get myself some llamas. I bought my house with that goal in mind. Not having money by any stretch of the imagination, I always have to do things in what seems to be the longest, most difficult way available. The property I have needs a lot of work before I'll be able to get my llamas, and with the way my luck goes, I have a hard road to travel before I realize my dream.

Case-in-point: I figured out that it would be cheaper in the long run to have my own tractor than to keep renting one. However, there was no way I could afford to get all the attachments I needed right away - I would have to do it in pieces. So last year I bought myself a used tractor (well, I'm still paying for it, but it's still mine :P ). There wasn't much I could do with it, as it didn't have any attachments, so I would just start it up and ride it around the property every few days to keep anything from happening to it from just sitting there doing nothing. This year I picked up a brush hog for myself. "Wahoo! I can finally put my tractor to use!" I foolishly thought. The day the brush hog was delivered, the tractor decided to stop working.

To make a long story short(er), I've been working on it off and on all summer long on trying to get darn thing going again. The big excitement today was that I finally got it running again! Everything seemed good as I was riding it around today, so hopefully I fixed the problem. The real test will be tomorrow. I figure that if it starts up again after sitting overnight, it should be OK. I'm crossing my fingers. If everything is OK, then the big project next weekend will be hooking up the brush hog and getting at least some part of the yard cleared. I hope.

The other big piece of news today is that the odometer on Jillmobile hit 123456 miles. I love looking for patterns on my odometer. I've had a lot of good ones lately: 121212, 122222, 123123... but it looks like it's going to be a while before I will get anything really good again. That's assuming the Jillmobile keeps running :) (I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that too!)

No comments: