Saturday, October 6, 2007

Season Finale

I absolutely love the new Doctor Who series. When Christopher Eccleston was The Doctor in the first season, I thought he was the best. I thought for sure that I wouldn't like the "new" Doctor taking over in season two... I was sure wrong about that! David Tennant is so enjoyable to watch every week - he blows everyone else out of the water. I loved him in season two and even more in season three. And I can't believe it's over already - Argh!!! I want more!

Being a Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan, I couldn't help comparing The Master with Mayor Wilkins - both bad guys that were so much fun to watch. And the twist with the Face of Boe almost knocked me off my seat - too funny :)

It's interesting how TV seasons have changed so much from when I was a kid. I remember the new season starting in September, some repeats shown over the holidays and then the rest of the season began again in January and ran through to April or May. Now it seems that 'New Seasons' are constantly rotated during the year and the whole season only seems to last a month or two. It's so tough to wait seven or eight months for new episodes of a favorite show. It's no wonder that a lot of shows have a hard time keeping ratings to stay on the air. And it always seems to be the good shows that we lose. I'm still waiting to hear when the new season of Jericho is going to start.

I really hope I won't have to wait over a half year for new Doctor Who shows :(

No comments: