Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Horrors

I have a lot of things going on in my head right now that I can't post about here. But at least they are good things :)

Today I went to one of the local house of horrors. Not counting the Fun House at Crystal Beach, which really isn't a haunted house, I can't remember if I've ever gone to one before. Then again, there was always the Laff-in-the-Dark that was a Crystal Beach too, but I don't think that counts either. I have a lot of fond memories of days spent there - it's a shame that it isn't around anymore, but I digress...

Anyway, I was in good company today and I had a fun time. It was amazing how large and elaborate the whole setup was. Next year I am going to have to pay attention and see how far ahead of time they start setting these things up. It must take forever. And I wonder how many of the people who dress up as the scary monsters lose their voices from all the yelling and screaming they do. And I wonder how long it's going to take to break down everything when Halloween is over... Yikes.

There were a lot of different 'houses' for you to go in, but I think my favorite was the house that you were supposed to wear 3-D glasses while walking through - that was very cool. It was kind of like walking throughout a hologram. How do people come up with that kind of stuff?

Next year I want to try one of those corn mazes :)

No comments: