Thursday, October 11, 2007

Relief

Today I was given a script to read! How cool is that? Evidently one of the guys at work is working on writing a pilot for a sitcom. I guess he's got a ton of episodes all sketched out - I just have the first one. I've only read the first couple of pages, but so far it's pretty funny. Wouldn't it be so neat if this actually became a TV show? I could say that I read an actual script of a real TV show before it was made :) I've always heard that the chances of anyone getting an idea for a show accepted anywhere are slim, but I guess he's got some connections. Hey - you never know!

I got the news today that my good friend Dave should still have a job. Not necessarily the same job he had, but he will still be working at his company, and that is the most important thing. The icing on the cake is that he should still be coming to WNY for work on some kind of regular basis. I am so happy that we will still be able to have our Geocaching outings up here (well, at least once I get done with my training at work), but to me it is such a relief that he won't be out of work. I'm still going to keep my offerings to the Job Gods going tho', just to make sure that nothing changes for the worse :)

No comments: